POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PVM MegaPOV for Windows : Re: PVM MegaPOV for Windows Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PVM MegaPOV for Windows
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 22 Jun 2001 17:13:10
Message: <3B33B4E4.B9F4F38C@club-internet.fr>
Jim Kress wrote:

> Does anyone have a version of pvm megapov that runs on windows?

I still have no success story about windos here.
IIRC there was a try a few months ago (maybe when you asked for the
latest time ;-), using GNU tools, but it did not succeed. I don't know
why it doesn't work. I often read the comp.parallel.pvm newsgroup, and
usually people in trouble with nt and friends finish with something
running, even with ssh.

As suggested, what people at the late imp project did seemed to enable
distributed rendering of anims, but pvm (and mpi) systems are AFAIK the
only ones working with still images.

It would be a good thing to make it work, but it might be interesting to
find something working better under windos if somebody ever starts
pvmpov 3.5. But it seems we have some time left to think about it.
BTW, did anybody make a try with OsX? It is supposed to be based on BSD,
so chances to make it work should be higher...
--